The automotive sector is undergoing an amazing transformation that all th actors on the supply chain have to adapt to. The automotive industry lives in a world where changes happen at an unprecedented speed. Digital transformation has triggered acceleration that has impacted daily lives, production, social life, and financial systems. The continuous progress and focus on the future have had a massive impact on the automotive sector.
MARKET OVERVIEW & TRENDS ON THE ROMANIAN AUTOMOTIVE INDUSTRY
Updates of fiscal facilities, tax incentives, authorities’input, Government’s interventions and dialogue with private players. The road ahead for automotive in 2021? It’s about software and experience. The automotive industry has traditionally been a forerunner in technology adoption and this continues with AI, Big data & data analytics, IoT, printed car components, incorporated messaging apps, mobile technology among many other innovative improvements and enablements.
E-MOBILITY – THE ROAD IS OPEN TO AN ELECTRIFYING FUTURE
The increase in fossil fuel rate and the harm to the environment caused by their use has changed the automotive industry outlook to electric vehicles (EVs). Cars contribute to 15% of carbon emissions, which deplete precious fossil fuel reserves and causes potential irreversible environmental damage. Electric cars on the other hand are addressing the challenges by leveraging a higher level of energy efficiency and reduced fuel usage. Still, for greater adoption and people’s acceptance, electric vehicles need to come up with solutions on high price, poor battery, inadequate charging infrastructure, fleet electrification and renewable energy-based charging grids.
MAPPING THE CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE
The customer journey is a long, complicated process that can involve multiple channels. A good marketing campaign can help keep a customer on the right channel and ready at the right time and in the right place. Mapping customer journey emphasizes the fundamental importance of collecting reviews and opinions. Also, even if customization is as old as commerce, technology has made it now possible in the auto industry. Automakers must strive to implement customer care and marketing operations in an effective and personalized manner.
THE INNOVATION FACTOR
How are the companies addressing the need for innovation and new technologies so that they can be relevant in terms of competition and market needs? What changes / approaches in terms of RD are visible or anticipated on the international market due to the pandemic context and how would they reflect on the Romanian market?
The Jury is independent from the Organizer and The Jury members are chosen among acknowledged representatives of the business community. For each award, the Jury is in charge with the assessing the final nominees. Members of the Jury will be asked to vote for nominees in each category.
The final nominees list constitutes the basis for choosing the winners for each category. Any information provided by the final nominees will be treated as strictly confidential and will only be used for the purpose of designating the Award Winners.
The award is given at the majority of the votes. In case of equal votes, there will be a second round of votes. Members of the Jury are independent from the nominees for which they will have to vote. If otherwise they will withdraw from that specific vote.
This award is to be offered for technical innovation and is related to either a product or a process.
• Product or process development approach, significance/usefulness
• Potential to improve the user’s experience
• Technical difficulty overcome. Did the solution address the challenge?
• Cost efficiency
• Connectivity solutions
This award recognizes the initiatives in developing e-mobility solutions, electric infrastructure, charging stations and innovation.
• Scalable projects in e-mobility development
• collaborative successful projects
Recognizes any software supplier who has had an outstanding performance in 2020, with focus on development, adoption and integration of automotive technology into vehicles.
• Improves the customer experience
• Sustainable technology product or solution
• Recognized experience on the market
• Innovative approach and vision
Recognizes two or more companies / organizations which have undertaken a meaningful, non-commercial partnership with the objective of advancing the development of automotive industry in 2020
• Successful partnership or collaboration initiative with a result in improvement in a certain business segment
• Valuable and worthy message transmitted to the business community
• Power of inspiring as success partnership story
This award recognizes the initiatives in educational projects, academic collaboration and vocational and dual-educational schools, with the objective of growing the qualified and relevant skilled professionals.
• Successful educational projects and partnerships with the aim of community development
• Scalable educational initiatives
• Addressing education in new yeas: Initiatives, success stories, best practices
Acknowledges the ongoing commitment to protecting the environment by developing solutions to sustainably reducing their environmental footprint and conveys this message into their community.
• Meaningful initiatives and solutions with focus on environment
• Sustainable work and employer branding policies
• Addressing sustainability in new ways: your company’s innovative idea in addressing a sustainable business
This award recognizes the unique and outside-the-box initiative and strategy, that demonstrates a commitment to corporate socially responsible principles.
• Impact of an environmental, community or educational project or program successfully implemented
This award is for a manufacturing company that has made progress towards operating an integrated and collaborative relationship with its customers, both internally, across functions and with its own supply chain partners.
• Quality of product or service
• Cost performance, affordability of the product or service
• Customer service, availability, continuity and comprehensiveness of the service
• Technical performance, sustainability, value to business
This award will put a spotlight on the heroes of the sector who have risen despite challenges; will shortlist and bring to the forefront individuals, organizations and projects that have created excellence in the field of logistics.
• Level of achievement in the provision of cost-effective and innovative supply chain solutions
• Innovation, efficiency or investment in supply chain operations
• Valuable partnerships between OEM and service provider
Recognizes the activity of a head of operations - Chief Executive Officer, Chief Operations Officer, general manager or company president, that demonstrated commitment to the Romanian automotive sector by creating a positive impact with the business they work in.
• Attributes of leadership, vision
• Impact on company, industry and business in general
• Customer and shareholder value created
• Employee engagement and leadership development
This award is for businesses that can demonstrate success, based upon general business performance, the launch of a new product, or development of a new process.
• Turnover, number of employees, investments, R&D projects
• Overall excellence in supply, performance, customer service and environmental awareness
• Drive, vision and ability to overcome challenges
• Commitment to the automotive industry
WITH THE SUPPORT OF