WITH THE SUPPORT OF
AUTOMOTIVE INDUSTRY FORUM is an arena where key players in the field can discuss the impact of market dynamics and new technologies on the current state of the manufacturing, operational and supply chain scenes, as well as future opportunities. The event brings together delegates from the Romanian automotive sector and Government representatives, interactive panel discussions, networking opportunities within a half-day Leaders’ Debate followed by The Gala Awards.
Following the fast-paced transformation and challenges of the past years and visible in all the cross-sectors and sub-sectors of the automotive industry, 2022 has been anticipated to witness a stronger emerging of electrification, self-driving technology, vehicle subscription model, more advanced new-age features in the new-generation cars, with a high focus on sustainability and green.
The extensive digitization and technology innovation applied in all industries and life, has made a great impact on the automotive industry at large. The last two years have changed the face of the mobility industry, gradually shaping up the automobile industry’s operations and products as well. With the year 2022 approaching, a whole lot of other changes are expected to shape up the automotive industry.
THE STATUS OF AUTOMOTIVE INDUSTRY IN ROMANIA AND LEADERS’ VOICE
What is new, what is challenging and what to expect from the automotive industry in Romania on a medium and long term? Updates of regulations, incentives, expectations at European level echoed on the local market. The impact of innovation and technology, the partnership of private investors and local authorities, local developments and new investments at the horizon
THE FOCUS IS ON THE USER
The mobility vehicles adjust to the needs and the social behavior of the new generations. Each tech-based or hard feature of a car addresses the requirements of the future generations - younger, tech savvy, that shape the transformation of the automotive industry. The predictable trends of the industry suggest that autonomous and shared mobility will increase greatly by 2030. This will create 4 opportunities for further developments in side industries, on horizontal and verticals. Mapping the customer experience is also a great marketing and research tool, to envision and predict future trends. It is already estimated that autonomous vehicles will account for 40% of the personal range driven in Europe in 2030.
RESEARCH, DEVELOPMENT AND INNOVATION: THE TECH ENGINE FOR GROWTH
The automotive future is electrified, autonomous, shared, connected and yearly updated, according to a PwC study. This requires a lot of R&D and innovation implemented at all the levels of manufacturing, however, with a different focus. The studies say that the automotive industry already started to invest less in the product range and redistribute the R&D costs to software solutions The car of the future that addresses best the current needs of the consumers may have less design features and a lot more technology and software inside. According to recent studies (PwC), companies that invest 25% of their R&D budget in software applications are rewarded with stronger growth and are highly competitive.
SAFETY AND CYBERSECURITY CONCERN GETS STRONGER
The IoT and interconnected world under all aspects bring the unavoidable risks in terms of cybersecurity and safety.
As exponentially growing amounts of data are involved in the driving experience, IT security becomes a focal point.
The importance of protecting both the personal data of drivers & users and keeping the car itself secure from external attacks cannot be overstated. Carmakers and tech innovators are developing new technologies for early threat perception as well as real-time and active defense and response to cybersecurity threats. In the same time, the autonomous cars still have to develop stronger safety abilities to gain drivers and passengers’ full trust.
AUTOMOTIVE INDUSTRY AWARDS FOR EXCELLENCE GALA celebrates the performance of professionals and companies across ten key categories of the industry. These awards are meant to mirror the enthusiasm for
development and innovation within the industry while development of individuals is encouraged through
creativity of ideas, adaptation and flexibility, planning and pioneering new ways, new thoughts and new ideas.
It provides the opportunity to connect, debate and share the hot topics within the specific landscape, and, to celebrate the achievements of the best projects and results.
The Jury is independent from the Organizer and The Jury members are chosen among acknowledged representatives of the business community. For each award, the Jury is in charge with the assessing the final nominees. Members of the Jury will be asked to vote for nominees in each category.
The final nominees list constitutes the basis for choosing the winners for each category. Any information provided by the final nominees will be treated as strictly confidential and will only be used for the purpose of designating the Award Winners.
The award is given at most of the votes. In case of equal votes, there will be a second round of votes. Members of the Jury are independent from the nominees for which they will have to vote. If otherwise they will withdraw from that specific vote.
This award is to be offered for technical innovation and is related to either a product or a process.
• Product or process development approach, significance/usefulness
• Potential to improve the user’s experience
• Technical difficulty overcome. Did the solution address the challenge?
• Cost efficiency
• Connectivity solutions
This award recognizes the initiatives in developing e-mobility solutions, electric infrastructure, charging stations and innovation.
• Scalable projects in e-mobility development
• collaborative successful projects
Recognizes any software supplier who has had an outstanding performance in 2021, with focus on development, adoption and integration of automotive technology into vehicles.
• Improves the customer experience
• Sustainable technology product or solution
• Recognized experience on the market
• Innovative approach and vision
Recognizes two or more companies / organizations which have undertaken a meaningful, non-commercial partnership with the objective of advancing the development of automotive industry in 2021
• Successful partnership or collaboration initiative with a result in improvement in a certain business segment
• Valuable and worthy message transmitted to the business community
• Power of inspiring as success partnership story
This award recognizes the initiatives in educational projects, academic collaboration and vocational and dual-educational schools, with the objective of growing the qualified and relevant skilled professionals.
• Successful educational projects and partnerships with the aim of community development
• Scalable educational initiatives
• Addressing education in new yeas: Initiatives, success stories, best practices
This award recognizes the initiatives, projects, engagement of a company or professional to the overall automotive industry, resulting in a quantifiable result or a valuable perspective. It car refer to a project, a technology or an initiative that enabled a process, or certain operation in the industry, can be an innovative product or technology, as well as a professional that offered a new perspective on the market.
• Successful projects or initiatives with the aim of industry development and evolution
• New technologies or products
• Valuable and inspiring vision of a professional in the industry
Recognizes any investment project with outstanding performance in 2021, with focus on development, investments and financing for successful projects in the industry
• Successful implementation of an investment
• Sustainable financing solutions
• Innovative approach and vision
Acknowledges the ongoing commitment to protecting the environment by developing solutions to sustainably reducing their environmental footprint and conveys this message into their community.
• Meaningful initiatives and solutions with focus on environment
• Sustainable work and employer branding policies
• Addressing sustainability in new ways: your company’s innovative idea in addressing a sustainable business
This award recognizes the unique and outside-the-box initiative and strategy, that demonstrates a commitment to corporate socially responsible principles.
• Impact of an environmental, community or educational project or program successfully implemented
This award is dedicated to companies that supply parts or systems directly to OEMs. Tier 1 suppliers specialize in making “automotive-grade” hardware. This means hardware that withstands the motion, temperature, and longevity demands of OEMs.
• These suppliers usually work with a variety of car companies, but they’re often tightly coupled with one or two OEMs and have more of an arms-length relationship with other OEMs.
• Quality of product or service
• Cost performance, affordability of the product or service
• Customer service, availability, continuity and comprehensiveness of the service
• Technical performance, sustainability, value to business
This award is for companies that proved successful in addressing people engagement, proved a strong commitment to DEI (diversity, equity, inclusion), elivered an outstanding workspace solution, retention of talents, decreased or prevented attrition of workforce and generated new hirings.
• Hirings, strong talent retention, people engagement processes
• Strong commitment to L&D and trainings programs
• Drive, vision and ability to engage people into company’s development strategy
Recognizes the activity of a head of operations - Chief Executive Officer, Chief Operations Officer, general manager or company president, that demonstrated commitment to the Romanian automotive sector by creating a positive impact with the business they work in.
• Attributes of leadership, vision
• Impact on company, industry and business in general
• Customer and shareholder value created
• Employee engagement and leadership development
This award is for businesses that can demonstrate success, based upon general business performance, the launch of a new product, or development of a new process.
• Turnover, number of employees, investments, R&D projects
• Overall excellence in supply, performance, customer service and environmental awareness
• Drive, vision and ability to overcome challenges
• Commitment to the automotive industry
Radisson Blu Hotel
Calea Victoriei 63-81, București 010065